Submit Aritcles
a1articlesdirectory Authors
Top Articles
Create Account
Log In
Article Categories
Subscribe to Latest Articles
Usefull Links For Authors
How to Apply for a USA Student Visa
Published by: Harpreet Singh (16) on Wed, Jun 23, 2021  |  Word Count: 826  |  Comments ( 0)  l  Rating
Contact Author       Email       Print Article        PDF       Add a Comment        Report Article       
Studying abroad is a life-changer for students as it benefits them in many ways. Overseas education is sure to change how students perceive their education and themselves. The USA is one of the top countries for foreign education, and to
study in the USA, students need a USA Student Visa.

Types of Student Visa

F-1 Visa: - It is the most general type of USA student Visa. Students who wish to study in the USA's certified colleges or universities need an F-1 permit. An F-1 Visa is required when the said course lasts for 18 hours or more per week.

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa: - This is the Visa that the students require if they wish to learn under an exchange program, this Visa is applicable for ten months. A J-1 Visa will generally benefit those students who want to conduct a short-term fellowship or research.

M-1 Vocational Visa: - The M-1 Visa is only for professional purposes. The application process is similar to an F-1 Visa. However, an M-1 Visa comes with a time-stamp that students cannot jump over. This non-academic Visa is 100% vocational; for example, students who want to get training for their career must
apply for an M-1 Visa.

The Visa Application Process

Step 1: Apply to a SEVP-Approved College/University
Students need to collect information about SEVP-approved institutions. Students must choose a course and institution authorized by the government of the USA's student & exchange visitor program.
Since the USA does not have a centralized university application system, students must send a separate application to each institution; they should consider each institution's admission requirements.
After the students get their university acceptance letter, they will be enlisted in the SEVIS system. They will get a SEVIS generated document known as form I-20 for F-1 and M-1 Visas or a DS-2019 for J-1 Visas.

Step 2: Pay the SEVIS Fee
Students must keep in mind that the SEVIS fee needs to be paid three days before applying for the Visa. Students can pay this fee either offline or online. The students must be careful to fill in the details as they appear on the DS-2019 or I-20 form. Students are strongly recommended to have a copy of the payment confirmation if they paid the fees online.

Step 3: Complete the DS-160 Application Form
DS-160 is the USA student Visa application form that is filed online. It is recommended to have all the documents and information required by the form to be ready on hand. Students must ensure to fill their particulars correctly. A good practice is to note down the application ID after filling the form, as they can use this to retrieve any information when required. Students need these details to fill the DS-160 form:
* Name, phone number, address, and birthdate.
* Details of passport.
* Study travel plans details.
* The previous USA travels aspects.
* Details of work, family, security, background, medical health, and education.
* Preferred study course as written on the I-20 or DS-2019 form.

After filling the form, students must electronically sign it. They will receive their application ID, a barcode, and a barcode number required in the Visa interview.

Step 4: Pay The MRV Fee
Students must pay MRV or machine-readable Visa fees next; it's another name of the Visa application fee. Paying this non-transferrable and a non-refundable fee is compulsory even if the student Visa is rejected. Students will get a fee receipt known as the MRV number after paying the fees. The MRV fee can be paid in person at a bank, via smartphone, or online.

Step 5: Scheduling a Visa Interview
Students can schedule their Visa interview either online or by contacting their nearest USA embassy or consulate. The students will be asked for their MRV number at the interview, so they should pay the fee first and apply for the Visa application afterward. The Visa application processing time varies, so it is advised to apply for the process earliest. Students must have these things for the application:
* I-20 certificate.
* Institute's admission letter.
* Finance supporting documents such as loan approval documents (optional).
* Academic certifications and TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, or LSAT.
* Legal passport.
* DS-160 form.
* Two passport-sized pictures.
* MRV fee.
* SEVIS fee payment receipt.

After the Visa application process is over, they can attend their interview. They will need these documents for it.

* Legal passport.
* DS-160 barcode page.
* University's appointment letter.
* SEVIS receipt with I-20 or DS-2019 form.

HS Consultants Education & Migration can get students their USA student Visa within ten days. A benefit of taking the help of their Student Visa Consultant For USA is that Students can even get their Visa without clearing IELTS. Students also get other benefits like rolling intakes, study gap allowed, and married students can even take their spouse along.
Subscribe to latest Immigration articles
Get updates to your computer. Subscribe to Immigration articles
Write Your Comment on 5 Tips For Your Weight Loss
Note: We read and moderate all comments before they visible on article page. Your email address will not be published. Fields marked with asteric
are required.
Your Name: *
Your Email: *
Website: *
Comments: *
Post Comment